xsl-list

Replacing DTD reference with xsd reference

2003-04-02 00:39:21
Hello all,

can somebody provide me some help with the following. I have thousands of
files that conform to a DTD. Now I have written a schema for these files.
Therefore a transformation is needed for all the files.

So I have:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE trap SYSTEM "./trap.dtd">

<trap>
</trap>

The result should be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<trap xmlns="mynamespace.uri"
        xsi:schemaLocation="mynamespace.uri trap.xsd">
</trap>

Because copy-of select copies also the namespace, this is not an option for
me (because I want to transform from no namespace into mynamespace.uri). Is
there a good way to do this with XSLT, or should I better use a script for
transforming my xml files ?

Kind regards,
Ismaël