xsl-list

"Text" Representaion of Xml in a variable

2003-05-31 03:52:50
Hi List I have a chunk of xml:

                <MultiRelateUpdateItems>
                        <xsl:attribute name="name">
                                <xsl:value-of select="concat( $PageName,
'.', $ListName )"/>
                        </xsl:attribute>
                        <Item name="BaseDataGrid">
                                <xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($BaseDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
                        </Item>
                        <Item name="RelatedDataGrid">
                                <xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($RelatedDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
                        </Item>
                        <Item name="IndexDataGrid">
                                <xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($IndexDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
                        </Item>
                </MultiRelateUpdateItems>

that needs to be encoded into a variable

I need a template to walk through the structutre of the xml element by
element and copy each element localname Output &amplt; before and
&ampgt; after each element, then copy across the attributes

I know there has to be a predefined template like this out there
somewhere, I've seen one before, can anyone help ????