xsl-list

Editing XML dynamically and using two input XML files

2003-05-29 07:50:47
Hello,

I have two questions.

Firstly, I want to be able to take two XML files as input, and transform
them into one XML (actually XHTML) output file. I'm using XSLT
(specifically Sablotron under PHP/Apache/Linux). Is this possible?

Secondly, I wish to be able to grab a specific section of an XML file,
load it into a web-form, allow it to be edited, and then save it back to
the original XML file in the same location. It has to be UTF-8
throughout.

This is what I'm trying to do: I have an online journal,
http://journal.the-i.org/, which I currently update manually. I want to
make a page that will allow me to update it from anywhere. The journal
is stored in an XML file, which as it contains private sections, is
locked but the XSLT stylesheets are in /xsl/ should that be any help. I
want this update page to be able to add a new "day" to the XML file,
which will contain "sections", and also to be able to load existing
"days" and edit them or add new "sections" to them.

The journal is currently stored in a simple XML format:

<journal>
  <month date="required:gMonth">
    <day date="required:gDay">
      <content time="optional:string">The content</content>
      <content/>
      etc.
    </day>
    <day/>