xsl-list

RE: Maintaining character entities

2003-05-23 05:35:18
Chris, the best way to handle this in XSLT1.0 is to make a new set of character
entity files to replace the ones you have (like isopub.ent). Take a look at
http://xmlchar.sourceforge.net/ for examples.

Zarella Rendon
Principal Consultant
XML Factor Consulting Svcs.
www.xml-factor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Cole, Chris
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 3:26 AM
To: 'XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Maintaining character entities

Hello,
I'm new to the list - I've checked through lots of archive material and Dave
Pawson's stuff which was helpful, but I can't actually solve my problem,
so...

I've got XML documents, marked up to a DTD, and calling character entity
sets. When I run through the XSLT processor (xalan) to output another XML
file I find the entities have been converted to something different, and
fairly inconsistently.

What I would like to achieve is having “ ü in my input xml, and
these entities still being untouched in my output. Can anyone advise how I
achieve this please?

What I'm getting are (“, ü), or (“ and ü), or (“
and ü), depending on character encoding settings and entity sets used. Am I
missing something?

Thanks in advance

Chris