xsl-list

Re: URL parameters in xsl

2003-05-22 03:03:19
Hi Martin,

When I use Americo's code, I get the following error..

'The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet
may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.

/default.asp, line 14 '

Your stylesheet is well-formed (or at least what you sent is) so it
sounds as if the ASP code isn't managing to locate the stylesheet.
Check the location of the stylesheet and make sure the code's pointing
to the right place.

If there's no immediately obvious error, try including some debugging
code to check that the stylesheet has been loaded correctly. Something
like (in JavaScript since I don't know VBScript):

  if (xslDoc.parseError.errorCode != 0) {
    var error = xslDoc.parseError;
    alert('Error parsing ' + error.url +
          ' at ' + error.line + ':' + error.linepos +
          ':\n' + error.reason);
  }

That should give you more idea about what the problem is.

By the way, I can't see where you're using the $uid parameter in your
stylesheet. I'm not sure what you want to do with it? But first things
first...

Cheers,

Jeni

---