xsl-list

Page break with XSL-FO

2003-05-17 09:30:21
Hello ,
I am working with Apache FOP. I am taking i/p from XML
file and generating PDF using XSL-FO and XSLT. My XML
has structure like
------------
<rootelem>

<tag>
<a>something</a>
<b>something</b>
<c>something</c>
</tag>

<tag>
<b>something</b>
<c>something</c>
</tag>

<tag>
<a>something</a>
<b>something</b>
<c>something</c>
</tag>

<!--more <tag> elements -->

</rootelem>
-------------

There may be any no. of <tag> tags within
rootelem(greater or equal than 1). The <a> tag will be
present in the 1st <tag> element and optionally in the
next <tag> elements.

I want that in the PDF, when a new <a> tag comes in
<tag> , the output in PDF should start from a new
page.

I want to apply some logic like
<xsl:apply-template select="tag">
<xsl:if test="a">   <!--a new <a> tag comes -->
output something in pdf e.g. <fo:block .. (*but this
should start from a new page!*)
</xsl:if>
</xsl:apply-template>

My requirement is like a page break..