xsl-list

RE: Generated stylesheet that imports a Templated stylesheet

2003-05-15 13:29:52
I don't know of any XSLT processor that allows independent "compilation"
and "linking" steps to combine stylesheet modules. It's theoretically
possible, but I don't think current products do it.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Andrew Welch
Sent: 15 May 2003 13:47
To: Xsl-List (E-mail)
Subject: [xsl] Generated stylesheet that imports a Templated
stylesheet

Hi,

I have stylesheet B, that imports C and D and never changes.
Normally I would create a Templates object out of B.

However, I now create stylesheet A for every transform (its
different for every one) that imports B.  I would like to
still store B as a Templates object and have A imports the
object each time, is this possible?  Currently B is just
compiled for each transform.

I alreay use a custom URIResolver, so I could return the
Templates object here as a source, is that feasable?

cheers
andrew

---