xsl-list

XML merge

2003-05-14 09:43:21
Hello,

I have an XML file with construction like this:

<Tables>
        <Table>
                <TABLE_NAME>ConnectionTemp</TABLE_NAME>
                <COLUMN_NAME>CTID</COLUMN_NAME>
        </Table>
        <Table>
                <TABLE_NAME>ConnectionTemp</TABLE_NAME>
                <COLUMN_NAME>sorrend</COLUMN_NAME>
        </Table>
</Tables>

So I have an XML, which contains many same nodes:
<TABLE_NAME>ConnectionTemp</TABLE_NAME>, and each of them have a
<COLUMN_NAME>, which are different.

I'd like make a new XML file from this above, which contains the
TABLE_NAME node only one for every value of this, and the children of this
are the COLUMN_NAME nodes. Like this:

<Tables>
        <Table name="ConnectionTemp">
                <Column name="CTID"/>