xsl-list

RE: Modify XML and pass it to a template

2003-05-14 04:03:21
Hi,

  I would like to modify the XML input and then pass it to a
template. Is it possible? I want change a value and only
after made it, pass the xml to the template. I suppose that
my xsl will be like the following and in the part of ????? I
must insert the code to modify the content of variable 'contenuto'.

[code xsl]

<xsl:template match="/">
     <xsl:variable name="contenuto">
      <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
     </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:variable name="contenutoModificato">
      ?????
     </xsl:variable>

Using a PI like e.g. <?contenuto?> to mark the position where to add the
dynamic content would probably be a better solution. You can do this be first
processing the stylesheet with XSLT, or write e.g. SAX filter to replace the
PI. Should't be too difficult. However, are you sure you have to process the
stylesheet? Unless you need to modify an XPath Expression, this might be doable
by passing a parameter to the stylesheet and doing conditional processing in
the RTF construction.

Cheers,

Jarno - Wumpscut: Totmacher (VNV Nation remix)