xsl-list

RE: Process HTML Doc with XSL

2003-05-09 12:26:07
[Jeff Kenton]

Passin, Tom wrote:
[ Karl J. Stubsjoen]

I'd like to throw an HTML source (well formed of course),
against an xsl stylesheet.  ... So, I'm not sure
if what I would like to do is Ok, acceptable, not possible, or what.

If the source document is well-formed, as you said it is,
then it is xml
and you just treat it like any other xml source.  What is
your question?

Not all well-formed HTML is well-formed XML.

No, but Karl said that the HTML that __he__ was going to process is.  Of
course that remains to be seen.  If it is not, I would suggest
pre-processing with Tidy or Tag Soup (I imagine you would too).

Cheers,

Tom P