xsl-list

Re: Standalone XSLT processor for FreeBSD.

2003-05-08 02:59:24
Daniel,

What's your impression of the latest changes in XSLT2 and XPath2 (the May 2
drafts)?

-- Kurt Cagle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Veillard" <daniel(_at_)veillard(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Standalone XSLT processor for FreeBSD.

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:26:13PM -0600, Mike Brown wrote:
Ben Trafford wrote:
Does anybody know of a standalone XSLT processor that will work on
FreeBSD? It must not require anything outside itself (e.g. libraries,
Java,
etc.).

I just want something where I can type "./xsltprocessor [command
line]"
and have it work.

All XSLT processors that meet your criteria are still going to rely on
an XML
parser external to themselves. For example, the ones that are the least
hassle
out of the box, sablotron and libxslt, still require the expat and iconv
libraries.

  Wrong. libxslt requires libxml2 but does not require iconv (nor expat).
If iconv is not found at compile time no dependancy to it will be made
(and libxml2/libxslt/xsltproc encoding support will be reduced to
UTF-8/UTF-16/ISO latin 1).
  On most Unix, Iconv is anyway part of the C libray since it's part of
the POSIX standard.

Daniel

daniel(_at_)veillard(_dot_)com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine
http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |