xsl-list

RE: Validating XSLT 2.0 using Saxon 7.5

2003-05-07 13:01:20
Saxon does not have any support for XML Schema validation.

The -v switch causes Saxon to ask the XML parser to do DTD-based
validation.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Andrew Watt
Sent: 07 May 2003 20:14
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Validating XSLT 2.0 using Saxon 7.5

Using Saxon 7.5 I am having trouble in finding the syntax to
tell Saxon to
validate the source document against a specified schema using
the -v switch.

With some combinations the -v switch seems to be telling
Saxon that it is
looking for a DTD, rather than a schema.

If I have a schema Person.xsd, a source document Person.xml,
a stylesheet
Person.xsl and a desired output of PersonValidated.html what
comes after ...

java -jar saxon7.jar ....?

Thanks

Andrew Watt