xsl-list

Re: Importing data from Excel and Access

2003-05-07 08:22:30
At 09:35 AM 5/7/03 +1000, you wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please provide some example code of how to import data from an
Excel file to an XML page, pref via XSL. And is there a way of only
importing specific cells or ranges?

I you know Java, you might check out the hssf (horrible spreadsheet format) sub-project within the POI project.

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/index.html

Also, does this require Excel 2002 or is 2000 ok? I don't want to just save
the spreadsheet as an XML doc, but would rather the web page be updated
every time someone visits the page or makes a change to the spreadsheet. The
excel document is a phone list.

Similarly, I want to do the same thing with an Access database.

Again, this is Java (there's a Perl version also) http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/

-rick

Thanks heaps,

Sam