xsl-list

RE: Sorting alphabetical entries.

2003-05-06 13:49:40
Hi Ben,

I suggest you use the substring() function in your test.

something like
<xsl:template match="entry">
 <xsl:if test="substring(string,start,length)='foo'">
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

you'll have to change what your 'string' is, and what foo is, but that should
work for ya.

cheers,
Isaac
-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Trafford [mailto:ben(_at_)legendary(_dot_)org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:29 PM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Sorting alphabetical entries.

        Hi!

        I have the following XML structure:

        <entry>
                <title></title>
        </entry>

        I have many entries. Let's say I want to limit my output to only those
entries which contain titles starting with the letter 'A'.

        I'm assuming it would look something like this:

        <xsl:template match="entry">
                <xsl:if test="????">
                                <xsl:apply-templates/>
                </xsl:if>
        </xsl:template>

        So, what the heck is my test, in this instance? Doubtlessly, I'm
thinking
waaaay too hard on this subject, and have missed something obvious.

--->Ben