xsl-list

Re: Can I force XSLT to output the long-form of an element rather than the shorthand form?

2003-05-05 09:16:56
Chris,

Also worth the look is how the documents are set up for XMetaL. Remember XMetaL is also an SGML editor, which accounts for some of its XML weirdnesses. One thing I've found is it seems to make a difference whether an XML declaration is present, and what it says. If there isn't one there, XMetaL may be applying some SGML rules.

I think. I haven't dug into their docs or support to substantiate the details of any of this.

(No longer an XSL question...)

Cheers,
Wendell

At 03:03 PM 5/2/2003, Joe wrote:
supposed
>to be equivalent,
>but one of the tools my users use (XMetaL) doesn't.

First thing to check, if you haven't already done so: Make sure your
stylesheet is set to HTML ouput mode, not XML. The /> convention is not
really supported in HTML.

Wendell Piez