xsl-list

RE: namespace change, what am I missing here?

2003-06-30 09:42:19
I've got a stylesheet renamespace.xsl, that is intended to take an
arbitrary XML file and change the namespace (no matter what
it is) into
an arbitrary new namespace. It's based on the FAQ. Both the
location of
the file and the new namespace are parameters. But when I run it
through my script (it's all below) I get the namespace applied to all
the child nodes but NOT the root node. Why not??

A minor point, but: I believe you mean "but NOT the document node."
The root node can never have a namespace.

(i'm also not sure where the "ns2" is from but that doesn't matter to
me.)

You asked for those elements to be put in a certain namespace;
you provided the namespace-URI, but XSLT needed a prefix to apply
the new namespace to the result elements, so it generated one.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question; I assume Dimitre's
right.

Lars