xsl-list

RE: following sibling not working

2003-06-29 16:56:39
Probably the following sibling isn't what you think it is. Show us the
source document, and what the context node is at the time.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Paul Tremblay
Sent: 29 June 2003 18:18
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] following sibling not working

I'm trying to test for a condition in the following sibling
node and having no luck. My template looks like this:

<xsl:if test = "not(following-sibling::emphasis[1][(_at_)role =
'option-argument'])">
            <block new-lines-after = "1">
                <xsl:text>]</xsl:text>
            </block>
        </xsl:if>

The idea is to make sure the following mode does not have an
attribute that is an option argument. If the following node
in fact does not have such an attribute, but a "]" in the mode.

I have also tried:

<xsl:if test = "not(following-sibling::*[1][(_at_)role =
'option-argument'])">
            <block new-lines-after = "1">
                <xsl:text>]</xsl:text>
            </block>
        </xsl:if>

But I couldn't get the results I wanted here, either.

Thanks

Paul