xsl-list

Re: how to remove a "wrapper" element?

2003-06-27 12:54:51
Kathy,

Can you remind us what your desired output looks like?

Generally, the presence of these wrappers makes counting, table-building and such operations much easier.

A template

<xsl:template match="substeps">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

(which echoes the built-in template for elements) will pass over substeps to their children; but of course your logic might be doing tree-walking or something that would get thrown off. Have you tried that, or just running the stylesheet as is (and letting the built-in template fire)? A quick glance at your code doesn't show me anything that the wrappers would break.

Cheers,
Wendell