xsl-list

Re: XSLT Recursive Templates

2003-06-27 02:08:45

Hi,
Since XSLT doesn't have a replace function, most programmers tend
to use recursive template to perform the replace task.

This templates have been proven to really slow down applications.

For example when formatting text to include paragraphs, we found the
better option to be:

<><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><
<><>
<textarea class="textFormat" readonly="true">
      <xsl:value-of select="d"/>
</textarea>

As oppose to using a recursive template.

Sorry,
but what point are you trying to make here?
Your template just puts out the string value of an unspecified "d"
element into an textarea element.
Why would anyone use a recursive template for that?
What would you recurse on? What has this to do with text replace
functions?

Also, the XSL list guidelines clearly ask you not to CC other lists
in the same post so I removed thelist(_at_)lists(_dot_)evolt(_dot_)org in this
reply.

David