xsl-list

Re: same xpath, different results?

2003-06-23 07:23:05

I am not sure why, but the variable $whichRate will
always have only 1 element

No it will have no elements at all. It is a result tree fragment
containg the results of xsl:value-of and xsl:value-of _always_ returns a
string, not an element nor attribute node (so even if you used your
processors node-set extension function to turn the result fragment to a
node set, it still would not contain any element nodes.

Since you didn't show your input, or your desired output or any
description of what transformation you intend, I can't really suggest
what the code should be.

but the paramater cnt will have a variable number
of elements...

cnt uses a select attribute so will contain all the nodes selected by
that XPath.

David