xsl-list

Re: XML to PDF

2003-06-22 22:32:36
Surely XSL-Fo is the best way to go.
Another approach is to create an XSLT that will parse
a predefined XML (That represents the structure of
PDF).
Use Another XSLT to convert ur data XML to this
predefined XML format.
This is brute force approach to create and XSL. This
approach would be there to for generating simple PDF's

-Dennis

--- Mike Brown <mike(_at_)skew(_dot_)org> wrote:
I'd like transform my XML into PDF fromat using
XSL.

Use XSLT to produce an XML description of the layout
using the XSL Formatting
Objects (XSL-FO) vocabulary. Then run this through
the Apache FOP processor to
produce a PDF file.

http://xml.apache.org/fop/ should have pretty much
all the info you need.