xsl-list

RE: Random Namespaces Declared with XSLT Stylesheet... why?

2003-06-19 06:53:28
I've been hacking a quick-and-dirty transform for turning a
custom language [1] into HTML (for presentation), but I've
got some odd behavior.  The stylesheet seems to randomly put
namespace declarations where they're not needed.  Why is it
doing this?

The general rules are:

literal result elements copy all in-scope namespaces declared in the
stylesheet, other than those you exclude using exclude-result-prefixes

copying an element from the source document copies all the in-scope
namespaces from that element in the source document

creating elements using xsl:element creates only those namespace
declarations that are actually needed for the element and attribute
names

Michael Kay