xsl-list

Re: How to get the transformation time for Xalan (J / C) ?

2003-06-16 10:59:39

Hi,

I have been playing with several XSLT processors and nearly all of them
provide a
command-line option (usually -t, but for some -verbose), so that when
specified the
XSLT processor produces the time taken for the specified transformation.

However, I couldn't find such command-line option -- neither for Xalan J
nor for
Xalan C. It's a pity, as Xalan C appears to be one of the fastest.

You can use the testXSLT command line application, which reports timing
information by default.  I should warn you, however, that the granularity
is not good.  We could probably get better information through
platform-specific calls, but there haven't really been any previous
requests for it.

I would greatly appreciate any hint whether specifying such timing for
Xalan is
possible and, if yes, how to do it.

I will add an option to the Xalan command line executable that reports
timing information.  It should appear in the next release of Xalan-C.

Dave