xsl-list

RE: how to view html not xml/xsl?

2003-06-13 14:06:13
Very true. My only saving grace is that I'm on a single platform (ie 6,
msxml4) on an intranet...phew!

I know I did the view-html results before...just can't remember where...I'll
go a-searching for the tool you mentioned.

thanks again.

kb

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendell Piez [mailto:wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 4:45 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] how to view html not xml/xsl?

Kathy,

There's an MS tool you can install that allows you to inspect the HTML
output from the context menu in IE (someone will be along real soon to say
where), "XSL Tools" I think it's called.

But for this and many other reasons many of us like to develop using
another processor (that writes an output file by default, which we
inspect), then MSXML for testing (if at all ;-). It also helps with keeping
a clean conceptual line between stages, such as are raised by Javascript
confusions, and making it easier to test your XSL across platforms in
general.

Good luck,
Wendell