xsl-list

RE: using the href attribute

2003-06-13 13:29:05
[ Kathy Burke]

I apply this template and my html page works to open up the
link -- but in
the same browser window.

      <xsl:template match="link">
      </xsl:template>

Since I need the link to open into a new browser window...I
tried to do
that, but
I'm just not getting how the first way works and why this
next one doesn't:

The target attribute determines where a link opens -

    target='show_docs'>Docs</a>

If a window or frame named "show_docs" is already open, the linked url
will open in it, otherwise a new window with that name will be opened.

Try to get your html working BEFORE worrying about your xslt transforms.

Cheers,

Tom P