xsl-list

Re: read/write in the same xml file

2003-06-11 09:23:07
right,
i give you an example for xml file
but my xml file is more convoluted, there is different noeud,tags,
reference to others doc
my xml file have the dicodoc DTD ,so it's more difficult with  this solution

Mike Haarman a écrit :

From: <Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>

abbouh wrote:

this is an example for what i want to do:

table of contents:
paragraph1  12    32
paragraph2  44  59

Feels really silly to write stylesheets like this...

It should.  This is not a solution.  You've hardcoded an offset to accomodate
the characters that make up the tags leading the first strings of content.
Any
other leading markup will break the stylesheet.

Abbouh, as Wendell pointed out, XSLT treats with nodes, not tags.  I suppose
it
possible that one could trick up the stylesheet to work with strings returned
by
local-name() to correct the offset, but I think it is fair to say that any
solution using XSLT would be very brittle.

hth,

Mike