xsl-list

RE: Implementing and Hide/Unhide function in XSL

2003-06-10 22:20:29
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a hide/unhide function in XSL for a
website.  I have an asp page that generates an XSL document on the
fly to access an XML file for only a certain state.

I would like for the site to have a funciton that unhides all the
children of a specific node when I click on a certain table cell.  I
think maybe I can use Xpath to do this with XSLT but I really don't
have any good ideas.

Based on your description, I assume when ever a user clicks on the table cell
you'll reload the XML document with changed XSLT stylesheet. If each node has a
unique id (stable one), then pass a list of nodes to be shown to the XSLT
stylesheet and use that list to generata the code that chooses whether a node
is hidden or not.

After looking at the default XSL sheet using in IE I am even more
confused.  If anyone out there can help that would be great.

The XSLT and XSL stylesheets is IE use ECMAScript and DOM to show and hide
node, not XSLT.

Cheers,

Jarno -  Hungry Lucy: Fearful (Aiboforcen)