xsl-list

Re: Simple XSLT processor

2003-06-09 10:59:27
Fatih TURKMEN wrote:
How an XSLT processor, assuming processor is operating
on a DOM tree for stylesheets (that is the style sheet
instructions are on a DOM tree) operates?

Just searches these stylesheet instructions on the DOM
tree(style sheet tree) and according to the
instructions it modifies the result tree ?
Or there is another way of doing transformation?I mean
the process is different?
Lastly, is there a simple XSLT processor that is
useful for understanding the process?

I'm not sure, personally, how it works internally. If you want to get your hands dirty, though, I'd suggest grabbing a copy of the source code for Apache's Xalan (Java) or libxslt (C) and going through them, since they're both Free Software.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
larry(_at_)garfieldtech(_dot_)com               ICQ: 6817012

"If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it." -- Thomas Jefferson