xsl-list

Re: Search XML using XSL

2003-06-09 08:48:07

        Monday, 09 June 2003 at 16:27

|       It's just occurred to me that I should be able to use XSL to search an
|       XML file, so I played around with things like contains(), but then
|       realised I can't search more than one XML file or with more than one
|       search term so I thought I'd ask here.
|
|       I'd like to be able to search a set of XML files for "word1 word2" and
|       have all elements that contain both "word1" and "word2" in any order
|       returned. Or even just in that exact order. I can't work out how to
|       search more than one XML file at a time.

        Have you had a look at eXist (http://www.exist-db.org)? It's a very
        simple to use XML database, easily to integrate into pipelines with e.g.
        Cocoon.

        The search mechanism works like a charm!

        Dr. Klaus E. Werner
        Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
        ✉ werner(_at_)vatlib(_dot_)it
        ☏ +39 06 698 79424

        From: "thei" <thei(_at_)gmx(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
        Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:49:44 +1000
        Message: <000001c32cb8$a05eae30$3d1fdbcb(_at_)ned>
        Subject: Search XML using XSL