xsl-list

RE: Source XML same as Dest. XML after transformation??

2003-06-06 09:11:04

well I know that it is not possible through XSLT, and that's what...i want
to do it through Xalan

Xalan is an XSLT processor. In that mode, the answer is "no". Even with
extension functions, this would be *FAR* too fragile and Will Not Be
Supported.

Xalan also allows you to call its XPath engine. You could use that to
invent your own non-XSLT transformation processor which back-patches the
source document. However, PLEASE NOTE that Xalan does not promise to give
correct results if you alter the source while it is being searched; you
*MUST*  run each XPath query to completion before attempting any
alterations.

(Caveat: I'm thinking about this from the Xalan-J point of view. I presume,
but am not 110% certain, that the same answers will apply to Xalan-C.)