xsl-list

RE: recupering value in other template

2003-06-05 11:15:02
and i can't also not recuper  a parameter after calling template B?

If you mean that template A passes a parameter to template B when
calling B, and B passes it back as a parameter when it's done,
then no, you can't.
The only way to pass data back from template B to its caller is
as the result of the template (a result tree fragment).

So you could do

 <xsl:template name="A">
   <xsl:variable name="result-of-B">
     <xsl:call-template name="B" />
   </xsl:variable>

   <xsl:text>result of B: </xsl:text>
   <xsl:value-of select="$result-of-B" />
 </xsl:template>

or something like that.

By the way we don't have the word "recuper" in English, so I'm not
completely sure what you're trying to do.
(But I wish I knew French as well as you know English.)

Lars