xsl-list

Re: avoid namespace declaration copying

2003-06-04 04:52:14
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, David Carlisle wrote:

  For example if I copy node /nodeset from sourcetree I sometimes get
  <com.csc_FinancialInd
  xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>N</com.csc_FinancialInd>

well you are probably trying to remember

exclude-result-prefixes="fo"

That's it.

on the xsl:stylesheet element but if you are copying nodes from the
source to the result then you are almost certainly not generating FO at
all in which case you can remove the
xmlmns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
from your xsl stylesheet element, it is probably just left over from
some previous stylesheet that was generating FO that you used as basis.

I made the same quess/ assumption too.

If the namespace is not here at all, you don't need to specifically
exclude it.

Thanks.

Jarkko Moilanen          "Erehtyminen on inhimillista,
Researcher                mutta todella suuret mokat
jm60697(_at_)uta(_dot_)fi            vaativat tietokoneen käyttöä."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org