xsl-list

Re: xsl query

2003-06-04 03:02:41
Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to get the cumulative sum of an element,i
tried it with <xsl:value-of
select="sum(./preceding-sibling::quantity)"/> but this instead gives out the
whole sum instead of sum at that particular node.

Any thoughts on how this can be done?

Thanks,
Shadab

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl query

sum(//severity[.='OK'])

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Sawyer, Larry
Sent: 22 May 2003 19:09
To: 'XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] xsl query

I am trying to find a solution to adding up the total number
of occurrences
of a field in my xml file.   The field is
<severity>OK</severity>.

I need to query (or do an incremental loop) thru the xml and
count the number of OK occurrences and have it total the
number.  Any thoughts or examples would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!