xsl-list

RE: Temporary Trees

2003-06-03 06:18:13
Jarno,

Thanks for the advice. As I mentioned, I'd tried many things, one of
which was toggling the version from 1.0 to 1.1. There was a slight
change in the way that the stylesheet was processed, suggesting that,
while there may not be full support for version 1.1, the stylesheet is
treated differently in each version.

Now all I need to do is track down the msxsl namespace declaration...

Thanks again for all your help, you're very generous.

Kaine

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
Sent: 03 June 2003 9:25
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Temporary Trees

Hi,

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"

[snip]

I'm using MSXML4 (SP2), and get the following error:

      Reference to variable or parameter 'sorted-files' must
evaluate to a
node list.

I have tried several methods, all have failed. Above is just
one of the ways
that I have tried. I know I must be doing something wrong, but what?

MSXML4 doesn't implement XSLT 1.1. Use e.g. jd.xslt or Saxon if you want
to work with XSLT 1.1; use exslt:node-set extension function, or vendor
specific extension function
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk
/htm/xsl_xsltfun_4o1a.asp> to convert a RTF into a node-set.

Cheers,

Jarno - Feindflug: Foltersequenz