xsl-list

RE: Re: Flat -> Hierarchy --- Continue

2003-06-02 10:53:12
Dongling,
Sorry, I just realized what the problem was.

Dongling had written:
Lars,

I works fine except for the following line:

<xsl:variable name="next-is-child" select=
     "//hierarchy/node[parent = Label and child =
$next/Label]" />

The expression "parent = Label and child =
$next/Label" doesn't work.

I have to assign them to
variables first:

 xsl:variable name="valueOfParent" select="Label"/>
 <xsl:variable name="valueOfChild"
select="$next/Label"/>

The problem is I wasn't thinking straight about the context
node inside the [] predicate.

You could use instead:

<xsl:variable name="next-is-child" select=
     "//hierarchy/node[parent = current()/Label and child =
 $next/Label]" />

Or your method of using a variable for valueOfParent is fine too.

Lars