xsl-list

RE: Attribute's default value in xsd doesn't show in xslt

2003-06-01 14:12:55
The XSLT 1.0 spec doesn't say whether or how this should work - because
XSLT 1.0 was invented before XML Schemas were. XSLT 1.0 allows an
implementation to construct an input document any way it likes, so
expansion of schema-defined default attributes is permitted, but the way
it is done, if it is done at all, depends entirely on the product you
are using. So I suggest you ask this on a Xalan list.

XSLT 2.0 does describe a way of constructing input documents from the
PSVI produced by a schema processor - this will cause attribute defaults
to be expanded. But there are no products that implement this yet.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Eran Hammer-Lahav
Sent: 29 May 2003 16:42
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Attribute's default value in xsd doesn't
show in xslt

Since the example works when an explicit attribute value is
set, it means Xalan found the abc namespace. However, adding
this code still doesn't yield the desired result. Default
values still won't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

EL