xsl-list

RE: How to speed up parsing ??

2003-07-31 02:03:31
Hi Dipesh

There has been a thread on working with big data before so there'll be some
useful stuff in the list but processing 30/50 MB needn't be slow
necessarily.

What parser/host process are you using, what's the spec of the box
(memory/speed) and what do you call slow?

A sample of the data and xslt would help too.

Cheers

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar [mailto:dkhakhkh(_at_)mailbox(_dot_)syr(_dot_)edu]
Sent: 31 July 2003 00:16
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??

Hi,

I would like to know how can i speed up parsing xml file.
I am having huge xml file (approx 30-50 MB). I have written xsl to get text
out it. I am getting it properly but it is taking lotta time.

I have used "apply templates " frequently to go to the respective node. As
per
my knowledge "for-each" and "apply-templates" does the same thing and i
assume
internally they must be working alike. WILL THERE BE SPEED ENHANCEMENT IF I
USE FOR-EACH INSTEAD OF USING APPLY_TEMPLATES.

Or if you do programatically the same thing will i be achieving speed
enhancement ??

My current xsl is drastically slow. Pls give me some hints and suggestion to

enhance performance of my xsl processing.

Eagerly waiting for reply.

Regards,
Dipesh

http://www.messagelabs.com

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, this email is
not intended to give rise to a new, or affect an existing, contractual or other
legal relationship.This email and any files transmitted with it, including
replies and forwarded copies which may contain alterations) subsequently
transmitted from the Company, are confidential and solely for the use of the
intended recipient. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this email,
or any other information contained or attached,is prohibited and could, in
certain circumstances, be a criminal offence.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as
possible.

presence of computer viruses.

www.focusdiy.co.uk