xsl-list

RE: RE: (No Subject) Nested for-each

2003-07-29 11:02:08
Also, from your message, it looks like you might be missing the closing
</xsl:for-each> for the outer one.

Cheers,
Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Sent: 7/29/2003 6:46 PM
Subject: [xsl] RE: (No Subject) Nested for-each

You need to appreciate the idea of "context" to understand where you are
going wrong here. The outer for-each selects as the context node an
element at the end of this XPath "Entity_Groups/Entity/EntityProps".
While you are inside that loop, your inner for-each is looking for an
element that matches this XPath
"Entity_Groups/Entity/EntityProps/Entity_Groups/Entity/Attribute_Groups/
Attribute/AttributeProps", in spite of what you hope and think it is
selecting. I'll bet a Euro that you don't have single node in your XML
document that matches that second XPath. Of course, without seeing your
source document we can't tell for certain.

Please supply a minimal sample of your source XML so we can help
further.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email