xsl-list

RE: Copying and updating selectively

2003-07-28 07:40:48
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
John Reid
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 10:32 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Copying and updating selectively

Thanx Américo Albuquerque,

That worked well, and taught me something.

Another q

If I was to add another condition that is higher up the tree
how/where would I best test it Ie The same template but this
time I am asking only to test those players where pword a
parameter = @pword. This is really 2 problems for me, I guess
I would like to know the best way to pass a parameter to a
template as a condition of entry and to also know how to test
further up the tree.

You can add any condition as you like. To check for player/@pword just
change this line:
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()[not(self::text())]|text()[not($id &gt;=
$varFrom and $id &lt;= $varTo)]|@*"/>

To this:
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()[not(self::text())]|text()[not($id &gt;=
$varFrom and $id &lt;= $varTo and ancestor::player/@pword =
$varPword)]|@*"/>

The text()[not(condition)] will copy any text() node when not(condition) is
true, so you'll have to set condition=(you conditions to copy text)
In this case these conditions are:

$id greater or iqual to $varFrom
AND
$id smaller or iqual to $varTo
AND
Ancestor::player/@pword iqual to $varPword

We can add any others and wrap them all with a not(...) because you want to
delete those that match

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Américo Albuquerque