xsl-list

Re: how pattern match in xsl:key works

2003-07-24 08:17:34

  and if I have an <xsl:key> element with match = "name",  then this will
  match all "name" elements, but with match = "Sender/name", then this will
  only match name elements that are a direct descendent of a "Sender" element.
  Is this correct?

sender not Sender but yes, match in xsl:key is _exactly_ the same as
match in xsl:template.

  Also, if I was to have the following key created:

  <xsl:key name='tp' match='top' use='top/name' />
  <xsl:key name='tp' match='top' use='top/name/sender/name' />

  then each "top" node would then be key'd on two indexes: the "top/name" key,
  and the "top/name/sender/name" key, by virtue of this particular hierarchy.
  Correct?

yes.

David