xsl-list

RE: Change text on given node at runtime

2003-07-24 06:03:32
Yup, that did it, David. You're a star !

You are right I should have been able to sort that one myself, but my poor
little brain is having trouble multitasking at the moment.

Thanks again, much appreciated.     :0)

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 24 July 2003 13:44
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Change text on given node at runtime

So, my challenge is:  How do we continue processing down through all
children below the point of text replacement (so they appear in the output
unchanged from the original)?

er well if you want to apply templates in that case as well, just add
xsl:apply-templates there as well.

ie don't do

<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:copy-of select="@*/>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="name()=$tag"><xsl:value-of select="$text"/></xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

do