xsl-list

RE: inheritance and encapsulation in xslt? / xslt for xlink ?

2003-07-22 01:25:19
Just picking up one point Howard;

You intimate that you need to process  instances from n schema's
and hope to do it in a single stylesheet (or small group of stylesheets),
since all these schema's are derived from xbrl.

As a generality, I've always taken the starting point
that there is a one to one mapping,

schema + required output => single stylesheet (or group forming one
stylesheet).

I.e. change the schema and a new stylesheet is required.

I'm now curious if others adopt this as a starting point?

I'm quite well aware that common processing can be re-used across schema,
but for the pareto I've adopted this position.

The more input variants the more brittle the stylesheet gets.
I demonstrated this to myself recently trying to process rss variants.

regards DaveP

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk