xsl-list

Re: passing values from JavaScript to XSL using MSXML3

2003-07-21 11:21:24
Neil and Bryan, thanks for the help. But I am still confused about the best
way of doing what I'm tring to accompish. Here is what it is: I have two
sort options, a menu and radio buttons, that are supposed make the XML data
be sorted according to any specified tag and acend or decend. I am sure this
comes up often, but I don't know if there is a good solution for it. Another
thing to note is that I do my transformation on the server-side with PHP. I
have some questions. How is it possible to use the <xml:param> element
inside <xsl:template match="/">? and Why can't you just do something like
this: <xml:param name="sortBy"><input name="sortOrderButton" type="radio"
value="ascending">Ascending</input></xml:param>, that is after you manage it
to get it inside <xsl:template match="/">?
So if this all doen't work out I am just going to stick to <msxsl:script>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Smith" <neil(_at_)fresh-toast(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Cc: <sergeyd(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 7:36 AM
Subject: [xsl] passing values from JavaScript to XSL using MSXML3

At 02:30 21/07/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:00:10 -0400
From: "Sergey Demidenko" <sergeyd(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>

Load your stylesheet then reference the param using an XPath expression :
Replace 'sortvalue' by whatever your intended value is then transform the
XML document as normal with your modified stylesheet.

oxmlStyleSheet=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument");

oxmlStyleSheet.selectSingleNode("//xsl:param[(_at_)name='sortBy']").value=sortval
ue;

(or >>>> )

oxmlStyleSheet.selectSingleNode("//xsl:param[(_at_)name='sortBy']").setAttribute(
"select",'date');

Depends on your question :-)

I need to pass a value from JavaScript code to <xsl:param name="sortBy"
select="'date'" /> in XSL code.
How would I accomplish this?

PS the XPath may not be exactly right for your document - please check and
modify if necessary. Sorry if this was already answered - I was out all
weekedn at a festival :-)

Cheers - Neil