xsl-list

Choosing the XSL Enginer with JDK1.4

2003-07-21 07:33:10
Hi,
        My application uses both the Oracle XML/XSL Processor  and the Xalan
XSL Transform Engine.

        My problem is that the Oracle Processor is getting invoked instead of
the Xalan processor.  How do I change it ?

        I use JDK 1.4 on Solaris 9 .

Details :

        I have also implemented an extension function in java . The XSL invokes
the extension function

        <?xml version="1.0"?>
                <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                                 xmlns:bin="xalan://DevicesWriter"
                         extension-element-prefixes="bin"

        <xsl:when test="@Name='baseFile'">
                <xsl:value-of select="bin:createBinFile(string($a), string($b),
string($c),  string($d) )" />
                </xsl:when>

        I run the following command

                java -cp jarfile1 : jarfile2 :   jarfile3
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN abc.xml -XSL abc.xsl -OUT abc

        jarfile2 has a manifest which includes the oracle's xml parser in its
classpath .

Problems :
        Irrespective of what I try to do the Oracle's Parser is getting
invoked. I even tried setting the xerces and xalan in the classpath before

Any clues / pointers will help

Regards
Hari