xsl-list

RE: rss, in all its guises

2003-07-21 04:31:35
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Kurt Cagle
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 11:52 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] rss, in all its guises

RSS is much like HTML -- it evolved because the need for it

Then you could use tidy to make it xhtml and use xslt to transform it as you
would with html

was there, but is now reaching a point where it is becoming
too integral to the overall structure of the web not to be
pushed into a formal process. Personally, I would love to see
it be submitted as a note into the W3C, which would in turn
pretty much force it into at least standards compliance with
the rest of the XML technology base. I think its too core to
go to OASIS, though no doubt there's some push to move it
there as well.

-- Kurt

(...)