xsl-list

RE: preserve structure of xml?

2003-07-18 02:25:10
From: Ragulf Pickaxe [mailto:jawxml(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 18 July 2003 10:13
Subject: [xsl] preserve structure of xml?

Don't know if this is vendor specific or is solvable using xml.

and which xslt processor are you using ?

I am transforming an xml document to another xml document. During the
transformation I loose all structure so that I only get one
single line
except for the last bit where I get some 3 lines before the
last 2 end tags
(</body></html> at the moment).

sounds like whitespace is being stripped by default...

can you make a minimum test xml and test xsl, and reproduce the result, if so
send us these

I am using output-method="xml" for the transformatio.

well without knowing your XSLT processor, I would suggest that this is not
incorrect behavior for the processor.

gl, jim fuller