xsl-list

Re: <xsl:template match="*"/>

2003-07-17 08:46:42
Dave,

At 11:22 AM 7/17/2003, you wrote:
If I am using appy-templates, and I reference the elements I want in my
result document explicitly with match="an-element-name", I would expect
<xsl:template match="*"/> to discard(exclude) all the other elements.

It should. Sometimes this introduces a bug, by matching elements higher in the element hierarchy than elements that you want, thus suppressing their appearance also. This can be remedied either by including templates for the ancestors as well, or by using apply-templates select="..." to reach down to exactly those parts of the tree you want.

This apparently is not the case as I am getting these unwanted elements in
my output.

What don't I understand?

We need to know a little more to say. Could you provide an example source file plus stylesheet (that isn't working)? ... plus intended result?

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez