xsl-list

adding space in xslt and trimming last space in java-problem

2003-07-16 12:57:07
situation:

I have an XML-file that contains a sequence of ids. I need to transform this to a String of space separated ids. So I transform the xml to a text file and after each id-node I add a space, like this:

<xsl:template match="*">
   <xsl:for-each select="//ns1:genbankid">
       <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>&#xa0;</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

but when I try to trim the space of the lastly added id, it refuses to do it! My application is in Java:

ids.trim()

does not work. Any suggestions?? In VIM the transformed file shows not a space but a capital A with a ^ on top, I assume this is the problem.
what can I use instead of &#xa0;??

remko