xsl-list

RE: Newbie Namespace Problem in Meta-XSL

2003-07-16 08:56:32
The chances are you only need the MSXML namespace to be declared because
you are writing an element or attribute whose name is in that namespace.
When you output the element or attribute, the namespace declaration will
be added automatically. It might not be on the xsl:stylesheet element
where you want it, but that won't matter to the XSLT processor.

The reason you were having difficulty is that you need to write a
namespace node to the result tree, not an attribute node.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Adrian Grigore
Sent: 15 July 2003 22:00
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Newbie Namespace Problem in Meta-XSL

Hi,

I'm doing some xsl metaprogramming and need to use xsl in
order to output
an xsl-stylesheet with the msxml-namespace. In other words, I
am trying to
output something like this with xsl:

version="1.0" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt">

The problem is that I don't know how to output the
xmlns:msxsl attribute.
I've tried this:

<xsl:element name="xsl:stylesheet">
                         <xsl:attribute
name="xmlns:msxsl" >urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt</xsl:attribute>
                         <xsl:attribute
name="version">1.0</xsl:attribute>

but it fails with the error message "The value of the 'name'
attribute may
not be 'xmlns:msxsl'". As the : is the culprit, I tried
replacing it with
&#58;, but that did not work either. I tried messing with
namespaces in the
meta-stylesheet, but without any success so far. I'm sure the
solution is
very simple, but I just don't get it... Please help! :-)

Thanks,

Adrian Grigore

--
Adrian Grigore