xsl-list

RE: Combining XML with XLink to produce HTML

2003-07-16 08:03:25
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Christos Tsoukalas
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 3:21 PM
To: 'XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Combining XML with XLink to produce HTML

Hi,

I currently try to develop XSLT to combine a regular XML document
("document1.xml") with an XLink document ("document2.xml")
containing external links to the first document. Eventually
the combined document
needs to be transform to HTML

The "document1.xml" file looks like:

---------------------------------------
<ref id="ct1-1">
</ref>
---------------------------------------

while the "document2.xml" file looks like:

---------------------------------------
<links>
 <plink xlink:title="Citation Link">
  <anchor
xlink:href="document1.xml#xpointer(/descendant::ref[(_at_)ID=&apos;
ct1-1&apos;])"
xlink:label="ct1-1"/>
  <resource type="vendor1" ID="vendor1_anchor1" xlink:label="ct1-1R"/>
  <connect xlink:from="ct1-1" xlink:to="ct1-1R"/>
 </plink>
<links>
---------------------------------------

Notice that the two documents are not necessarily saved in
the same directory. I need to develop XSLT that will combine
these two documents and transform the combined result into
HTML (the actual formatting of the HTML is not
important at this point) so that the links are resolved.

I would appreciate all help/ideas on how to combine these two
documents.

But how do you want them to be combined??
Add the <ref> nodes to the <plink> ones?

You'll need to provied more info on that